20.9.08

Today in the News...


Woody Allen had something unenlightening and rhetorical to say about the elections.
"It would be a very, very terrible thing for the United States in many, many ways."(if Obama did not win)
I find it slightly endearing, when Allen stutters his words, but only because you know something witty is probably going to follow. That quote just seems to be a quote from a man who has just suffered a slight stroke. 
To nullify this quote, I will simply make a light list of better Woody Allen quotes
  • I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government.
  • If my films don't show a profit, I know I'm doing something right
  • There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly. 
I think that the most appropriate Woody Allen quote for the matter at hand would have to be paraphrasing of what was originaly a piece of Freuds writing
"I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member."

Obama was heckled by a group of ignorant...black men, while giving a speech in Florida. 
Note: I had to search for this article through a different search engine than i had originally seen the post from, because there were 580 comments mainly on why the men who couldn't respectfully just hold their signs of protest in peace, were a 'breath of fresh air'. 
Nobody on that message board seemed to take a minute from their ranting, to find out more about the hecklers. A group run by a guy who likes to be called Michael the Black Man. 
I cant deal with this man, his chauvinist followers, and people who blankly feel that this is a fantastic display of African Americans showing true intelligence. 




The republican party is wining votes from people who, for some reason, what a president that is just like them.  I can understand this, to a certain extent. 
That's why this photograph sums up so much of what i like about Senator Obamas' approach. 
Obama likes to eat ice cream, just like me! BUT he likes to clean up the dairy mess that his cone of delicious makes. I NEVER DO THAT! I respect this man! I happen to respect this man so much, that from now on, I will clean up my mess, and not leave it like the slob that i have been during the Bush administration.

oh yeah. And this happened:
The Aquabats ex-drummer and Nicole Richies ex-fat ex-boyfriend have been castrated by a fire created by their private Learjet crashing past a highway. 



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Likes to hate things like: The color pink, My Little Pony, ambient music, Coca-Cola products, high waisted everything, cats...all of them, bananas, most female singers, Adult Swim humor, chopping onions, bad parking jobs, sentences that start with 'i had this crazy dream', shimmery makeup, unmade beds, cursive fonts, bleached hair on the crown of black hair, Palin, those strappy jesus shoes, Mac 'genius' bar, responding to my cell phone

Blog Archive