11.1.09

Holiday Representative.


"Out With The Old" photos by me! the ohChloe
Christmas Trees are items that seem like an extremely important accessory to ones life, at a certain point in time. We pretend to respect them because we are 'environmentally friendly', for 11 months out of the year, then that one month comes along and we decide that although we are hurting and killing them, we still love and respect them. Thats why we uproot them from their flourishing lives and cover them in tensile to talk about and use, before being tossed and forgotten, then recollected the next year.



There is a metaphor in everything, if I think about it the right way. 
Around the holidays, after being tossed about for years and considered obviously disposable, I was suddenly considered a valuable asset once again. The one to bring home for Christmas, to exchange gifts with, and to decorate these representatives of myself with. 

A result of these photos, along side a sense of slight accomplishment, was that I received the Spirt Award for taking part in Ryans version of this! Ryan's version is very appropriate to the type of person I find in him. He motivates others to get off their ass and do something creative and inspiring. I was so happy with the outcome of his project. So many participants! I think I should give my spirt award right back to him.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Likes to hate things like: The color pink, My Little Pony, ambient music, Coca-Cola products, high waisted everything, cats...all of them, bananas, most female singers, Adult Swim humor, chopping onions, bad parking jobs, sentences that start with 'i had this crazy dream', shimmery makeup, unmade beds, cursive fonts, bleached hair on the crown of black hair, Palin, those strappy jesus shoes, Mac 'genius' bar, responding to my cell phone

Blog Archive