Although I do really like a few albums, I was never a die hard Cursive fan, but seeing them live made me reconsider.
I typically don't connect with live music, too often. But this show was pretty amazing.
I left Cursive feeling like I would have totally seen them again.
Even decided that (due to the economy and not cause I'm stingy, of course) I would even pay 10 bucks to do so!
- The set was beautifully diverse
- The band went nuts and really enjoyed themselves
- The crowd was friendly and accommodating (with the exception of the girl who didn't want me standing near her at the front, even when the show hadn't started yet)
- I got to use my flash against Tims picnic shirt
- I didn't even notice they had played 20 songs starting at 11pm
- I even forgot I was tired!
If you listen to Cursive, you'll be able to tell that the vocals are distinctly different from your average semi screaming indie band. I feel like this photo is interesting because it illustrates how that sound got achieved.
Instead of screaming directly into the mic, he kept screaming into his cupped hand, that was tilted into the mic.
Such a small musical idea that is a major layer in the creativity of this band.
I'm urging you to go to this blog entry by using big red letters, because I'm feeling proud and positive about my results from the night.
This is a rare Chloe feeling.
*I may also just be hyper emotional because to sleep deprivation. (I have yet to actually sleep since 8am, yesterday)